Search begins for new University of Saint Francis president
September 15, 2023
FORT WAYNE, Ind.—The Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration announce the launch of a search for the next president of the University of Saint Francis. The Sisters have retained the search firm Ingenuity International to lead the national search.
Members of the presidential search committee include:
- Sr. Margaret Mary Mitchel, provincial superior, Saint Francis Board of Trustees member
- Sr. M. Lissetta Gettinger, provincial vicar, Saint Francis Board of Trustees member
- Sr. Maria Gemma Salyer, provincial councilor, Saint Francis Board of Trustees member
- Richard A. Poinsatte, Saint Francis Board of Trustees chair
- Ronald W. Turpin, Saint Francis Board of Trustees member
- Nicholas A. Yack, Saint Francis Board of Trustees member
- Dr. Michelle Fleig-Palmer, Saint Francis associate professor, master of healthcare administration program director
- Dr. David Stehlik, Saint Francis associate professor of management and leadership, business administration program director
Dr. Lance Richey currently serves as Saint Francis interim president.
The responsibility that committee members are about to undertake together is an important role and will help shape the institution for many years. Nominations and inquiries can be directed to Robin Weidener at [email protected].
The Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration remain focused on continuing the strength and impact of this important ministry of higher education in the name of the Catholic Church. The Provincial leadership, working closely with the Board of Trustees, will prayerfully appoint the next Saint Francis president after a thorough search.
Most importantly, the Sisters invite everyone to join in praying to the Holy Spirit that God would send Saint Francis a president after His own heart:
“O Holy Spirit, beloved of our souls, we adore You. Enlighten us, guide us, strengthen us, console us. Tell us what we should do. We promise to submit ourselves to all that You permit to happen to us. Let us only know Your will. Amen.”
Founded in 1890 in the Catholic Franciscan tradition, the University of Saint Francis offers more than 60 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs through the College of Health Sciences and the College of Arts, Sciences and Business. In addition to its traditional programs, Saint Francis designs focused curricula for working adults in Fort Wayne, Crown Point and online. USF Downtown houses the music technology program while offering enhanced internship and networking opportunities for students. The University of Saint Francis, recognized as an NAIA Five-Star Champion of Character institution, has 18 athletic programs boasting two individual and four team NAIA national championships. Approximately 1,900 students from a broad geographic region attend Saint Francis.