USF welcomes second class of Presidential Catholic Scholarship recipients
September 2, 2022
FORT WAYNE, Ind.—The University of Saint Francis welcomed its second class of Presidential Catholic Scholarship recipients as fall classes began.
The Presidential Catholic Scholarship is a full-tuition and fees scholarship. Selected students must practice the Catholic faith and embrace Franciscan values, demonstrate commitment and perseverance under pressure, graduate with a 3.0 or higher grade point average and receive a strong recommendation from their high schools and parishes.
The freshman class of Presidential Catholic Scholarship recipients:
- Isaac Cudnik, Lakewood, Ohio (St. Edward High School). Isaac received awards as Film Student of the Year (2021, 2022), High Honors (2019-2022) and “Principled” IB Learner Profile winner. Isaac Cudnik photo
- Noah Kuh, Toledo, Ohio (St. Francis de Sales High School). Noah played varsity basketball and lacrosse, achieved Honor Roll and excelled in German Club and Investment Club. Noah Kuh photo
- Garrett Murphy, Cincinnati, Ohio (Archbishop Moeller High School). Garrett played on the rugby state champion runner-up team, received recognition as an Honor Student and volunteered for the Little Buddies program, mentoring elementary school students. Garrett Murphy photo
- Paul Rivera, Columbus, Ohio (St. Charles Preparatory School). Paul participated as a missionary at Damascus Catholic summer camp, serving more than 5,000 students, served on the Missionary Leadership team at St. Brendan Church and led the Prayer Club. Paul Rivera photo
- Jagger Walraven, Columbus, Ohio (St. Charles Preparatory School). Jagger graduated with a 4.0 GPA on the Honor Roll, received two academic letters from Academic Quiz Bowl team and participated in National Honor Society. Jagger Walraven photo
“USF welcomes these excellent Catholic students. I look forward to having them on campus the next four years and I am confident they will exemplify Franciscan values, including the value of emphasis for 2022-23: Serve one another, society and the Church,” USF President Rev. Dr. Eric Albert Zimmer said.
For more information on the Presidential Catholic Scholarship, contact USF Financial Aid at 260-399-8003 or [email protected].
Founded in 1890 in the Catholic Franciscan tradition, the University of Saint Francis offers more than 60 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs through the College of Health Sciences and the College of Arts, Sciences and Business. In addition to its traditional programs, USF designs focused curricula for working adults in Fort Wayne, Crown Point and online. USF Downtown houses the music technology and graduate health sciences programs while offering enhanced internship and networking opportunities for students. The University of Saint Francis, recognized as an NAIA Five-Star Champion of Character institution, has 18 athletic programs boasting two individual and four team NAIA national championships. Approximately 2,200 students from a broad geographic region attend USF.