CARES Act Information for the University of Saint Francis
October 30, 2020
In compliance with the Department of Education’s requirements, below are details regarding the use of the Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (CARES Act funds) granted to the University of Saint Francis:
1. The University of Saint Francis has signed and submitted to the Department the Certification and Agreement and has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. USF signed the Certification and Agreement on April 13, 2020 and the Department of Education approved the agreement on April 22, 2020.
2. The CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund-IHE/Student Aid has provided $945,565 to USF to provide emergency financial aid grants to students whose lives have been disrupted due to COVID-19.
3. $945,565 in Emergency Financial Aid Grants have been distributed to USF students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of 06/16/20.
4. Approximately 1,732 USF students are eligible to participate under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
5. 1,679 USF students have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of 06/16/20.
6. USF distributed the funds equally to all eligible students who filed a FAFSA to confirm their eligibility, with part-time students receiving half of a full award.