USF announces canceled or postponed events due to COVID-19 precautions
March 12, 2020
UPDATE: The Cougar Chill fundraiser, scheduled for 2:30 p.m. Friday, March 20 in the Cougar Den, has been canceled.
FORT WAYNE, Ind. – The University of Saint Francis has postponed or canceled some campus and community events as a precaution surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
The university released information about its campus operation on Wednesday, March 11. That information can be found at the USF University News site at https://news.sf.edu/.
These upcoming USF events have been postponed or canceled:
• The Philosophy/Theology Lecture featuring Dr. Vincent Wargo, scheduled for March 18 at Achatz Hall of Science and John and Toni Murray Research Center, has been canceled. For more information, contact Sister Jacinta Krecek at firstname.lastname@example.org or Angie Springer at email@example.com.
• “While the Lights Were Out” performances, scheduled for March 19 to 22 at the USF Robert Goldstine Performing Arts Center, have been canceled. Those who purchased tickets should contact ArtsTix Community Box Office at 260-422-4226 or visit the ArtsTix Community Box Office at 303 E. Main St., for a full refund. For more information, contact the School of Creative Arts at 260-399-8064.
• Future Cougar Weekend, an event for incoming 2020-21 students, scheduled for March 20 & 21 on campus, has been postponed. A decision on rescheduling will be made later. For more information, contact Carrie Reeb at firstname.lastname@example.org or Michelle Kuhlhorst at email@example.com.
• USF Nursing Recruitment Fair, scheduled for March 20 on North Campus Auditorium, has been canceled. A refund will be sent to registered companies via a separate process through Eventbrite. For more information, contact Katrina Boedeker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Family Business Initiative: A panel discussion with Jerry Henry and Meghan Gross, scheduled for March 26 at the USF Business Center, has been postponed. A decision on rescheduling will be made later. For more information, email Susan Harris-Frymier at email@example.com or call 260-399-7700, ext. 8301.
• Sullivan Visiting Writers Series: A Reading by Sara Lupita Olivares, scheduled for April 6 in Brookside Ballroom, has been postponed. It will be rescheduled, pending author availability, for April 2021. For more information, contact Dr. Michael Levan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updates on other USF events will be released as decisions arise.
Founded in 1890 in the Catholic Franciscan tradition, the University of Saint Francis offers more than 70 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs through the School of Health Sciences, School of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Keith Busse School of Business and Entrepreneurial Leadership and School of Creative Arts. In addition to its traditional programs, USF designs focused curricula for working adults in Fort Wayne, Crown Point and online. USF Downtown houses the university’s business and music technology programs while offering enhanced internship and networking opportunities for students. The University of Saint Francis campus experience includes 16 athletic programs boasting two individual and four team NAIA national championships and is recognized as an NAIA Five-Star Champion of Character institution. Approximately 2,200 students from a broad geographic region attend USF.