USF to Host Physical Therapist Assistant Health Fair
February 5, 2018
FORT WAYNE, Ind. — The community is invited to the University of Saint Francis Doermer Family Center for Health Science Education for an afternoon of health demonstrations on Monday, February 12 from 12:45 to 3:30 p.m. USF’s Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Program students will deliver presentations with health information and tips to promote wellness. Take-home information will also be provided to further educate attendees on the topics discussed.
A variety of subjects will be presented, including:
– “Are Your Hands Really Clean?” by Madison Caris, Tara Martin, & Sierra Pugh
– “Essential Oils: More Than Just a Fad.” by Regina Monhaut, Emily Novak, & LeAnn Cook
– “Sleep Hygiene: You Snooze, You Win.” by Evan Cochran, Nick Skinner, & David Garber
– “Picture a Perfect Posture.” by Erin Enochs, Cassondra Stutzman, & Breanna Pryor
– “Stress Management: Stress Less, Smile More.” by Katelyn Thatcher, Kelsiey Cicora, & Samantha Baker
– “The Skin You’re In: Mole Patrol.” by Ashley Smith, Emily Dunlap, & Alyssa Sines
The 18 PTA students are researching their self-selected topics and preparing educational materials for the community as course requirements as a final part of the PTA curriculum before graduation in May.
The USF Physical Therapist Assistant program, directed by Mary Kay Solon PT, MS, is an accredited two-year curriculum, which, upon successful completion, awards an Associate of Science Degree.
Founded in 1890 in the Catholic Franciscan tradition, the University of Saint Francis offers more than 70 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs through the School of Health Sciences, School of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Keith Busse School of Business and Entrepreneurial Leadership and School of Creative Arts. In addition to its traditional programs, USF designs focused curricula for working adults in Fort Wayne, Crown Point and online. In 2016, the University of Saint Francis expanded its presence to downtown Fort Wayne. USF Downtown houses the university’s business and music technology programs while offering enhanced internship and networking opportunities for students. The University of Saint Francis campus experience includes 16 athletic programs boasting two individual and four team NAIA national championships, and is recognized as an NAIA Five-Star Champion of Character institution. Approximately 2,300 students from a broad geographic region attend USF.